Superb transformation of a BMW R50/3 and an outstanding photo-shooting
I just can’t stop admiring these photos. I don’t even know what I like the most: the bike, the scenery, the light? Everything seems perfect.
While a series-production bobber based on the R nineT platform didn’t hit the market yet, an Austrian builder – Titan – made this extraordinary machine based on an old R50/3 and called it “A bavarian Bobber”.
“ Boxer goes Harley, could have been a brief description for the duty sheet. All technical parts should be the finest, simple and modern. Displacement Advanced. Rear suspension – Nope. But electronic ignition. The framework for this project should be as old as possible, most preferably from World War II.”
So they began building this beauty. They met “Mr. Zink – an outstanding expert on old BMWs”. He convinced them to buy the R50/3 frame he had stored in the attic. The rear suspension had to be removed, a mount for the driveshaft had to be developed.
Then the guys at Titan bought a R75/7 engine, gearbox, axle drive, fork tubes and spoke wheels.
They spent 70 hours to manufacture the fork claddings.
Custom BMW R50/3 Specifications
– Motoscope tiny Instrument
– Dayton headlamp
– AVON Road Runner MKII tires
– Handmade forkcladdings from Blechmann
– 9° Rake Kit AME Choppers
– LSL Flyer Bar with internal cable routing
– Handmade, channeled Droptank (4,5gal) with Alloypanels and Leatherpads
– Paintjob with Blue-Candy Clear Coat from I-Flow
– M-switch Microtaster
– Rizoma Squardo Handlebar Turn signals
– Kustom Tec Brake Pump
– Custommade Brake line system für rear drum brake
– Rizoma Club S LED Lights
– Genuine Leather Seat Cover with custom made Inlays and blue stiching from Autostop Greece
– Fishtail Silencers, ceramic coated
– Custom made License Plate Mount, axlemounted
– tailormade electrics with m-unit, CAN – Bus connection and m-button
– BMW classic pinstrips in white and blue