First win for Husqvarna as Quintanilla toped the special
Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) put to rest Price and Barreda in the special. The 2020 Dakar Rally took the riders to Haradh in a 410 km stage. The overall leader Ricky Brabec didn’t risk anything today and just lost four minutes from Quintanilla.
The riders were back on their bikes for Stage nine of the 2020 Dakar Rally. With a special of 410 km that had the finish line at Haradh, the riders pushed their bikes to win some time over their rivals.
Joan Barreda (Honda) was on the attack racing hard intending to win the stage and make-up for the lost time in the previous stages, but an early light crash after 100 km into the special made him lose more time. The Spanish rider was back on his feet and focused to continue.
After 300 km, the race for victory was between Quintanilla, Price, Barreda and Brabec. The four riders were less than a minute apart from each other.
Quintanilla won Stage nine followed by Price (KTM) and Honda rider Barreda. Brabec (Honda) finished fourth with Ross Branch (KTM) completing top five of the day.
Stage nine result:
1. Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) 4:45:06
2. Toby Price (KTM) 3:32:27 +1:54
3 Joan Barreda (Honda) 3:33:15 +2:42
4. Ricky Brabec (Honda) 3:34:28 +3:55
5. Ross Branch (KTM) 3:36:03 +5:30
6. Kevin Benavides (Honda) 3:36:23 +5:50
7. Luciano Benavides (KTM) 3:36:41 +6:08
8. Jose Cornejo (Honda) 3:36:56 +6:23
9. Andrew Short (Husqvarna) 3:37:30 +6:57
10. Matthias Walkner (KTM) 3:38:40 +8:07
1. Ricky Brabec, Honda 31h59m29s
2. Pablo Quintanilla, Husqvarna, +20m53s
3. Toby Price, KTM, +26m43s
4. Joan Barreda, Honda, +28m16s
5. Jose Cornejo, Honda, +29m29s
6. Matthias Walkner, KTM, +37m16s
7. Luciano Benavides, KTM, +41m11s
8. Franco Caimi, Yamaha, +1h21m04s
9. Skyler Howes, Husqvarna, +1h24m24s
10. Stefan Svitko, KTM, +1h30m35s