Honda made a hat trick again in a shortened stage. Brabec increases overall lead
Another successful day for the Honda riders on the route to Shubaytah. It was Barreda’s time to shine today as he topped Ricky Brabec and Kevin Benavides. The stage had to be stopped earlier due to weather conditions.
The riders were set to race 534 km to reach Shubaytah, but the Dakar organizers decided to put a stop after the riders passed the 345 km mark due to strong wind. It was a happy day for Joan Barreda (Honda) as he was leading the field and was handed the Stage ten victory making him the seventh stage winner in the 2020 Dakar Rally.
Brabec (Honda) finished the stage second and increased his lead in the overall standing to 25m44s ahead of Husqvarna’s rider Pablo Quintanilla who finished Stage ten only seventh. Barreda sits third overall.
Kevin Benavides placed third today and manage to give another hat trick for Honda.
The KTM riders Toby Price, Luciano Benavides and Matthias Walkner were fourth, fifth and sixth on the shortened special.
Stage ten result:
1. Joan Barreda, Honda, 02H 11' 42''
2. Ricky Brabec, Honda, + 00H 01' 07''
3. Kevin Benavides, Honda, + 00H 02' 31''
4. Toby Price, KTM, + 00H 02' 57''
5. Luciano Benavides, KTM, + 00H 04' 14''
6. Matthias Walkner, KTM, + 00H 05' 23''
7. Pablo Quintanilla, Husqvarna, + 00H 05' 58''
8. Ross Branch, KTM, + 00H 08' 45''
9. Maurizio Gerini, Husqvarna, + 00H 13' 08''
10. Jose Cornejo, Honda, + 00H 13' 09''
1. Ricky Brabec, Honda, 34h12m18s
2. Pablo Quintanilla, Husqvarna, +25m44s
3. Joan Barreda, Honda, +27m09s
4. Toby Price, KTM, +28m33s
5. Jose Cornejo, Honda, +41m31s
6. Matthias Walkner, KTM, +41m32s
7. Luciano Benavides, KTM, +44m18s
8. Skyler Howes, Husqvarna, +1h43m21s
9. Franco Caimi, Yamaha, +1h43m57s
10. Stefan Svitko, KTM, +2h02m10s