It’s been some time since the R1200GS, as we know it, was introduced on the market. And, although it topped the sales charts ever since, it’s time for an update. But according to some informations leaked on the internet it doesn’t seem to be a radical one.
The guys at bennetts.co.uk published the 2019 R1250GS and R1250 GS Adventure specs. Here’s what they got:
- 1254 cc capacity – an increase of 85 cc over this engine
- 100 kW power – 136 horsepower. 11 hp more than the 1250 engine
- the rumored VVT system should provide a fatter torque curve
- nearly identical wheelbase – 1507 mm
- decibel levels are dropping from 92dB to 88dB
- 5 kg weight increase
The new R1250GS could be presented at the 2018 Intermot event in Cologne. We’ll be there to analyze the bike and come up with an in-depth preview.