A different breed of electric power
What we’re looking at is the UMC-063 XP ZERO which is built by the Anglo-American brand Untitled Motorcycles. The electric bike was developed in partnership with Zero Motorcycles and features an 82kW (110bhp) and 140ft-lb (190Nm) of torque power unit, good enough for a top speed of 124mph (200kph).
The base model is the Zero SR/F electric naked motorcycle platform which also has a sport-touring version in the form of the SR/S model. Looking at the core of the XP ZERO it features a machined aerospace-grade aluminium powertrain that contains the batteries, charger, and power unit. Speaking of the output, the electric motor delivers 82kW (110bhp) and a maximum torque of 140ft-lb (190Nm). This helps the electric motorcycle reach a top speed of 124mph (200kph). Moreover, the 900A power unit features a clutchless direct drive.
Zero Motorcycles supplied the drivetrain which has 112 Li-ion NMC cells and a 3.0 kW charger unit. The batteries can be fully charged in around one hour on a fast charger. The claimed range is between 80-160 miles (130-260km).
Moving on to the bodywork, the bike was fitted with CNC polymer panels featuring frosted polycarbonate edges, the seat is custom made and its shell is manufactured from aerospace aluminium.
The suspension is provided by Showa – fully-adjustable fork and on the rear, the bike’s equipped with a mono-shock featuring a piggyback reservoir. Like the suspension, the braking system and swingarm come from the Zero SR/F naked bike.
There’s no price tag revealed by Untitled Motorcycles for their electric motorcycle, but surely it comes at a cost.
Length: 80” / 204cm
Width: 27” / 68cm
Height: 39” / 98cm
Seat: 30” / 76cm
Weight: 481lbs / 218kg
Range: 80-160mi / 130-260km
Speed: 124mph / 200kmh
• Custom-designed, CNC polymer panels with frosted polycarbonate edges
• Custom seat, upholstered in Ultrasuede, UMC tag
• Custom CNC 6061 aerospace aluminium seat shell
• Custom CNC 6061 aerospace aluminium nose & intake
• Custom CNC 6061 aerospace aluminium belly pan
• Custom CNC 6061 aerospace aluminium fork brackets
• Aerospace Material Specification AMS-36375 ‘Ghost Grey’ experimental aircraft paint
Frame & Suspension
• Tubular steel spaceframe
• Showa SFF-BP 43mm self-balancing forks, adjustable preload, compression, rebound, modified
• Twin 320mm NG floating front discs with dual J.Juan 4-pot callipers
• 3.50 x 17” cast alloy front wheel
• Showa GK01 mono-shock with piggyback reservoir
• 240mm rear disc with J.Juan single-pot floating calliper
• 5.50 x 17” cast alloy rear wheel, Gates Carbon Drive belt
• Pirelli Diablo Superbike race tires (180/60-17 rear, 120/70-17 front)
Supplied by Zero Motorcycles
• Zero ‘ZF75-10’ 102v, 900A electric motor with clutchless direct drive
• Zero ‘ZF14.4 Power Pack’ containing 112 Li-ion NMC cells, 102v nominal (116v peak), 14.4 kWh
• Relocated & customized Zero 3.0 kW charger unit
• Custom CNC’d top bracket with integrated speedometer and dot matrix display
• Custom clip-on bars, with internal electronic throttle
• Motogadget Motoscope Mini LED display, integrated into the custom top bracket
• Dot-matrix ‘D/N’ display, integrated into the custom top bracket
• Custom-molded grips
• Ruffy 5-way thumb joystick with custom-moulded rubber cover
• ISR brake master with integrated switches, internally wired
• Goodridge Sniper 2 braided stainless steel brake lines
• Custom CNC’d 6061 aluminium footrest brackets with polymer heel guards
• Zero Cypher III colour TFT display, integrated into the nacelle
• Motogadget m-Lock keyless RFID ignition, integrated into nacelle lens
• Custom anodized aluminium RFID key fob
• Motobox custom LED taillight array with integrated turn signals
• Motobox custom LED panel edges
• 4XLED twin headlights