The BMW R1250GS and R1250GSA were updated for 2021. Alongside the big GS, there’s an updated G310GS, too.
BMW didn’t make essential changes to the R1250GS. The ShiftCam boxer engine, already Euro 5, develops the same horsepower and torque, and the chassis has the same characteristics. There’s a new headlight, though, and a heated seat adds more comfort to the already cruiser-like adventure-tourer.
Here are some important updates for the 2021 BMW R1250GS:
- Knock sensor system for low quality fuel usage
- New BMW Motorrad Integral ABS Pro as standard
- Three Riding Modes as standard
- New “eco” riding mode
- Dynamic Engine Brake Control as optional equipment
- New full-LED adaptive headlight as optional equipment
- New lighting functions, cruising light and function-integrated turn indicator bulbs
- Vehicle voltage and USB sockets as standard
- Seat heating for rider and passenger for increased travelling and touring capability
- “40 Years GS” anniversary edition
- New colors: basic, and two Triple Black and Rallye variants
- New BMW Accessories and Equipment: the Rallye Pro Suit, GS Carbon Evo Helmet, among the line-up
BMW G310GS – Euro5 Engine, LED Headlight
The BMW G310GS is also a part of the new BMW line-up for 2021 and comes with the mandatory Euro5 update. Besides that, it features an electromotive throttle controller and automatic idle speed increase, to avoid engine stalling. There’s also a self-boosting anti-hopping clutch, and full LED lights. The hand levers for brake and clutch are now adjustable in four stages.