It looks sharper, cooler than before, but it’s still elegant. And besides that, the new BMW R1250RT features an Adaptive Cruise Control system, an impressive headlight, and a new TFT that integrates a navigation system. BMW is throwing in all the goodies you might ever find on a bike. What’s unchanged: the ShiftCam boxer engine, which develops 136 hp and 143 Nm of torque.
Alongside the big GS, the RT is a big name in the BMW Motorrad history. It all started in late 70s, when BMW put a wide fairing and some hard cases on its standard boxer bike. 40 years later, the concept is quite the same, but the parts took some spectacular transformations: the boxer engine is still there, but it’s more powerful and more refined than ever, and the fairing is hosting an LED headlight that is following the road according to the banking angle. More than that, under the LED headlight there’s a radar that allows the adaptive cruise control function. The old-fashioned paper map is gone, the GPS Navigator too, but there’s a new 10 inches TFT that’s hosting the navigation.
2021 BMW R1250RT. The essential stuff:
- Boxer Engine with ShiftCam Technology. Output and torque: 100 kW (136 hp) at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6 250 rpm.
- Knock sensor system for optimised travel suitability.
- New BMW Motorrad Full Integral ABS Pro as standard.
- Three riding modes as standard.
- New “Eco” riding mode for particularly economical riding as standard.
- Riding Modes Pro with additional riding mode “Dynamic” and new engine drag torque control (MSR) as an ex works option.
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC as standard
- Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” electronic suspension with fully automatic load compensation as an optional extra.
- Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with extended function as an ex works option.
- Newly developed front fairing with optimised aerodynamics.
- New LED headlamp as standard and new full LED headlamp with adaptive turning light as an ex works option
- Connectivity: New multifunctional instrument cluster with 10.25-inch full-colour TFT screen and numerous other features as standard.
- New “Comfort telephony with extended smartphone connection” option.
- New Audio System 2.0 option.
- New double tone fanfare as standard.
- Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option.
- Attractive basic paint finish along with the three Style variants “Elegance”, “Sport” and “Option 719” as ex works options.
- Extended range of optional extras and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.